Monday, September 24, 2007

first project: books to take home

The response to the email I sent out has been really exciting: $491 raised so far from 20 people. After the administrative fee for Amazon, that's $470.75 for my students. Tonight, I ordered 35 copies of Beowulf: there was a 4 for the price of 3 promotion and free shipping, and the total cost was $133.65 (saving about $50 from the price if I had used one of the dedicated donation sites).

I have $337.10 left for the next project. First up: whiteboards and dry erase markers, which will be pretty cheap. I will keep you all posted on the progress and use of everything that happens. After the whiteboards, I'm going to wait in hopes that I will get enough donations for an LCD projector, which would be incredibly useful for graphing and demonstrating problems.

A huge thank you to everyone who donated or passed this on: if you sent me your information, I'll be writing to you sometime this week. Either way, please know that I and my students and my co-teacher are grateful to you all.

1 comment:

Stiffa said...

Hey! I googled Laurel philadelphia classroom and found your site. It's awesome. I set mine up today, and I already have $20. Thanks for the awesome idea!